Healing with the power of paleo and self-love.
Dessert for breakfast? Breakfast for dessert?!
You can definitely have your cake and eat it too with our amazing Paleo Pumpkin Coffee Cake.
Our inspiring person, Melanie, created this gluten free, grain free recipe in honor of her LoveSelf inspiring feature. Learn how she healed from body image issues, an eating disorder, and depression with the power of self-love and food.
Enjoy our gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free, Paleo, Autumn inspired healing delight!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Ingredients for cake:
1 cup raw nut butter
3 cage free, organic eggs
1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
4 Tablespoons grass-fed butter (room temp)
1 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
1 teaspoon organic pumpkin pie spice
1/4-1/2 cup gluten free, soy free chocolate chips (optional)
Ingredients for coffee cake topping:
2 tablespoons organic cashew flour
4 tablespoons grass-fed butter (room temp)
2 tablespoons organic, raw coconut sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup crushed pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Use hand mixer or food processor to combine all CAKE ingredients except chocolate chips.
- When all ingredients are combined, stir in chocolate chips.
- Stir together TOPPING ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour cake batter into loaf pan and then evenly distribute coffee cake topping onto the loaf*
- Bake for 40-45 minutes in a greased loaf pan.
*LoveSelf tip. For a crunchier topping, add topping mixture to cake halfway through baking.